Human Resources Management
Developing the Human Resources Management function in SAIs is one of AFROSAI-E’s strategic imperatives as well as one of the 5 domains of the AFROSAI-E Institutional Capacity Building Framework. For SAIs to address challenges facing the audit profession it is of crucial importance to rethink the way human resources is planned, deployed, contracted, managed and developed. To promote the progress of professional Human Resources Management within the region, AFROSAI-E has developed an Integrated Competency Framework and Human Resources Management Handbook. These were officially launched at the AFROSAI-E Technical Update in 2017.
The Integrated Competency Framework and dictionary
- defines competencies for all the roles in the SAI (Compliance, Financial, Performance, Specialised Audit and Support Services roles);
- defines functional knowledge and functional skills for all the roles;
- clusters the audit competencies according to the audit flow process;
- includes behavioural competencies required for appropriate work behaviour in SAIs; and
- define and incorporate leadership competencies
Click here to view a video clip on the practical application of the framework
The Human Resource handbook on the other hand aims to assist the SAI in implementing an HRM function based on the Human Resource Management Strategic Framework and AFROSAI-E’s Integrated Competency Framework. The intention is to build a solid foundation for professionalisation of the HR function, enable leaders to manage their people more effectively and allow for customisation of current HR practices in the SAI. It also provides standards of best practice and practical examples from SAIs in the AFROSAI-E region.
Click here to view the e-learning module of the HR Handbook.