Governed in terms of the Statutes and Regulations
Members of the Board
The Heads of all member SAIs
Chairperson: Appointed by
Governing Board for three years
Meetings: Once a year or as agreed
Seat: Host country nominated by
Governing Board for six years
Chief Executive Officer: Appointed
by Governing Board for six years
Appointed by Chief Executive Officer
Objectives of AFROSAI-E:
- Enhance audit performance of member SAIs
- Develop and share resources on regional and local levels
- Professional and technical development and co-operation
- Sound relations with local and intenational institutions
- Support regional institutions that promote good governance
Principles recognised by AFROSAI-E:
- Equality of all SAIs that are members of AFROSAI-E.
- Right to membership of any English or Portuguese- speaking country in Africa.
- Laws by which each member SAI is governed.
- Laws of the African Parliament.
Responsibilities of Members:
- Pay annual membership fees
- Attend events and meetings as required
- Actively participate in activities of AFROSAI-E
- Provide Secretariat with information as required
- Share professional and technical information
- Use products developed by AFROSAI-E
- Share and use regional subject matter experts
- Apply quality assurance processes
- Commit to high level of technical advancement
- Commit to high level of management practices
- Submit to reviews as required by Governing Board and donors
Powers and responsibilities of the Governing Board:
- Take decisions, provide strategic direction, review progress, establish guidelines in order to obtain objectives.
- Approve the work plans and budgets of AFROSAI-E.
- Consider/approve proposals by members.
- Approve reports on the activities of AFROSAI-E.
- Modify the Statutes of AFROSAI-E.
- Draft rules and regulations for AFROSAI-E.
- Appoint the external auditors of AFROSAI-E.
- Approve terms of reference of committees.
- Approve recommendations of committees.
- Approve donor support programmes.
- Approve the appointment of institutional partners.
- Do anything not specifically provided for in the Statutes.
- Delegate powers i.t.o. the Statutes.
Powers and responsibilities of the Chief Executive Officer:
- Implement decisions in accordance with direction provided by members and approved work plans.
- Submit work plans/budgets to Board for approval.
- Notify members of membership fees and ensure collection.
- Submit annual reports and audited financial statements to Board as required.
- Represent Board in all matters pertaining to AFROSAI-E.
- Compile submissions to Board if requested by members.
- Compile policies and procedures as required.
- Compile terms of reference of committees.
- Assist committees with compilation of submissions.
- Provide support/assistance to bodies of governing structure.
- Secure donor support and compliance with donor agreements.
- Facilitate support for bilateral agreements, parallel audits, etc.
- Collaborate with institutional partners.
- Monitor activities of AFROSAI-E and its member SAIs.
- Appoint individuals or committees to support Secretariat.
- Fulfil any other duties assigned by the Board.