- This event has passed.
2020 Technical Update Virtual Conference
2nd Nov 2020 - 6th Nov 2020
The Technical Update Conference is an invaluable knowledge sharing platform and networking opportunity for SAIs, development partners and other institutions. In keeping with the 2020 trend of doing things differently, the Conference will be hosted as a virtual event this year. The programme line-up includes a diverse and relevant range of topics as well as notable guest speakers and ample opportunity for audience engagement.
Dates: 2 – 6 November 2020
Time: 10:30 – 15h:0 Daily
Webinar Platform: Zoom
Some of the programme highlights include:
- Deputy Auditor General, Tsakani Maluleke shares the Auditor General of South Africa’s professionalisation journey to become a learning organisation with strengthened capacity to be resilient in the face of challenges.
- Guest speaker Chris Austin, the Director of Development at the British High Commission in South Africa will reflect on the social, economic and personal impact of disasters, the role of public institutions and the importance of resilience and adaptability.
- Supporting SAIs’ to be resilient in the face of disaster – new guidance from AFROSAI-E following Covid-19 research.
- Regularity and Performance Audit breakaway sessions to workshop updates to technical guidance.
- Regional and global perspectives on cross-cutting audit topics.
- Integration of regularity, performance and information systems audit teams.
Click here to go to the official Technical Update Conference website to view the programme and register for the event.
We welcome participation from all SAI staff, regional working groups, development partners and other interested institutions. As this will be a virtual event, there is the opportunity for more SAI staff to attend.
We look forward to your participation!