- This event has passed.
Sub-regional FAM/CAM Workshop – Southern Africa
23rd May 2022 - 27th May 2022
During the 2021 Technical Conference, we launched the revised Financial Audit Manual (FAM) and Compliance Audit Manual (CAM) as the official AFROSAI-E Regularity Audit manuals.
As part of our regional rollout strategy to support the smooth transition in implementing these manuals, we are planning to hold sub-regional workshops to train SAI trainers, before starting with in-country workshops. These trained SAI trainers will be responsible to roll out the revised methodologies within their respective SAIs.
We have scheduled the sub-regional FAM / CAM workshop for Southern African SAIs for 23 – 27 May 2022 in Pretoria, South Africa. We will ensure adherence to all COVID-19 health and safety protocols during the event.
We invite SAIs in this sub-region to nominate participants for the workshop who are positioned within the SAI to:
- Spearhead the implementation of the revised audit methodologies.
- Make recommendations on how to align the methodologies to the SAI mandate.
- Assist in customising the manuals for the SAI (a customisation workshop will be conducted in September 2022, but the trainers would need to develop a SAI strategy prior to that).
- Conduct SAI training (AFROSAI-E can support, but in coordination with the SAI trainers).
- Potentially assist with regional training, if required at a later stage.
Nominated participants should register using the online registration form: https://forms.gle/VWi1V7MT6MUMdF6v8 as soon as possible to secure space for the workshop. Registration for the workshop will close seven (7) working days before the start of the event. Please send queries related to registration to firstname.lastname@example.org.